Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Act as a Safety Leader ensuring the ongoing identification of hazards and the implementation of controls to manage the associated risks with a special focus on Permit to Work and Isolation procedures.
- Install, maintain and repair all IT systems.
- Monitor and thoroughly document the software, computer and network hardware changes performed by third parties to equipment systems such as the Drilling Instrumentation and Control systems.
- Work closely with the Electronic Department where expertise in both disciplines is required. Responsible for supporting computers attached to control systems including butnot limited to Kongsberg and NOV Drilling Control Networks, process control network switching/routing equipment and Servers, eHAWK access, Remote NOV Stations, Mud Control System PC, Subsea CCC PC and other items where the Electronic Department requires assistance with items under the IT discipline. With regard to the above systems, the IT specialist is responsible for helping enforce security standards, practices and protecting company owned assets from unauthorized access or change.
- Ensure that backups are made for all general IT and equipment systems in compliance with the configuration management policies and best practices.
- Coordinates planning and execution of IT preventative maintenance with a minimum of 6-week overview to cover current hitch and half of back-to back hitch, keeping an updated and accurate historical record of all maintenance done as well as all IT equipment certification documents.
- Ensure all pc's/computers on the network have security protection in place.
- Ensure adherence to Offshore IT and Communication Standard.
- Inform supervisor and other department heads of technical problems or limitations that may affect safe operations of the rig.
- Ensure operations are planed, organised and executed in accordance with well programs, rig move plans, Pacific Drilling requirements and contractual obligations.