Reports to : IT Administrator
This role will monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks of the Neconde Warri Office. Other duties include installing and configuring computer systems, diagnose hardware/software faults and solve technical and applications problems. This role will be mainly responsible for the smooth running of computer systems and ensuring users get maximum benefits from them.
Key Result Areas
Main Activities and Responsibilities
- installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications;
- monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
- talking staff/clients through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues;
- troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults;
- replacing parts as required;
- providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
- following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system;
- supporting the roll-out of new applications;
- setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
- responding within agreed time limits to call-outs;
- working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate);
- rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, e.g., software developers;
- testing and evaluating new technology;
- conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment
· Experience in LANS, WANS, WIFI networks and private circuits
· Strong understanding of Ethernet, TCP/IP routing, Network packet analysis tools use and configuration.
· Solid experience in problem analysis and resolution of software problems.
Proven ability to function in a self-directed environment.
· Demonstrate high standards of professional behaviour when dealing with suppliers and staff members.
· Ability to investigate issues and requirements and identify and prioritise appropriate solutions
Minimum B.Sc. from a reputable university.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience IT Support, Network engineering
Cisco certified network professionals , Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist