This role, as part of the Engineering Infrastructure team, enables R&D to be effective and productive; by dealing with the challenges set by the highly skilled engineering teams within Citrix.
In this role you will:
· Implement, maintain, and lead improvement projects on Windows and Linux infrastructure
· Work with the Engineering Infrastructure Manager in shaping the budget for upgrading, extending and replacing local engineering infrastructure and IT systems. Also assisting the engineering teams with purchasing of hardware and software.
· Work with the Engineering Infrastructure Manager planning upgrades, implementing configuration changes, extending and replacing engineering IT systems
· Work with corporate IT, and Engineering Lab Technicians, to manage the local area network
· Assist corporate IT in the resolution of local infrastructure issues
· Support users
· Implement, maintain, upgrade, extend, monitor and manage local engineering IT services including (not limited to) infrastructure, file, application, and backup servers
· Keep critical local engineering IT systems available to an agreed schedule, may involve limited weekend or out of hours work
· Deploy and maintain lab equipment
· Implement and administer lab management facilities including remote access and power control
· Maintain, upgrade, extend, monitor and manage Internet facing services and infrastructure
· Coordinate the use of shared resources including lab space and power
· Coordinate loaned sample equipment from hardware partner companies
A broad, up to date, knowledge of general IT technologies.
Linux system administration including NIS, DNS, DHCP, PXE, Apache, CUPS, SSH and Exim
Experience with several Linux distros (Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat, etc) and Windows
Ability to write shell scripts
Knowledge of Ethernet local area networking including VLANs
Knowledge of IP routing
Desire to improving existing, and designing new, tools to improve our ever growing engineering environment.
Experience of using Network filers (NetApp, Equallogic; iSCSI and NFS)
Experience of using backup tools such as NetBackup
Experience of running a engineering/test lab
Experience of the use and administration of remote access tools such as IPKVMs, serial console servers and power control devices
Knowledge of server virtualisation
Windows system administration including Active Directory
Network analysis tools (wireshark, tcpdump, nmap, etc)
Experience with Cisco and Dell switches
Experience with upgrading server hardware (memory, NICs, HDs)