- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
- Talking staff or clients through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues;
- Prioritizing and managing many open cases at one time;
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, e.g., software developers;
- Testing and evaluating new technology; conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- Manage and develop IT staff, including. Training, evaluation, guidance and discipline.