The successful candidate will coordinate, schedule and follow up on all main actions linked to the VAS platform; S/He must be able to analyse periodically all events on the network, in order to establish corrective actions and ensure safety of data and access to the platform.
- Conceptualize, design and monitor procedures to manage all VAS & IN platforms; preparation/
- analysis of Logs (Short codes, SMS, Downloads, etc)
- Develop mobile and web applications
- Develop documentation process and procedures for managing VAS network and provide the necessary
- information required for implementation
- Planning/ implementation of systems and network checklists- perform engineering level network
- planning and design for all WANS and LANs installed
- Develop a global security plan to ensure safety of data and access to the platform
- Deploy new products and services.Operations:
- Manage all IS infrastructure and security as well as implementation of network upgrades
- Ensure systems/ servers are always up, running and backed up
- Liaise with technical partners on interface issues with the telecommunication networks
- Participate in vendor selection process including: requirements gathering, RFQ issuance, vendor
- evaluation, procurement, etcEnsure 24/7 service availability of mobile media content and infrastructures
- Ensure that all Service Level Agreements are in place and adhered to by technical services team to
- the business.
- EXPERIENCEVery strong technical background with a flair for technology management; minimum of 5 years experience in VAS solutions.
- NOTE:Knowledge of VAS platforms,Linux,scripting or programming capabilities is a MUST and should be reflected on resume
- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONMinimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science/ Electronic Engineering/ Technology related field.
- Linux certifications will be a very strong advantage
- REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- Familiar with VAS equipments and platform (exposure to the single-wire gateway an added advantage)Familiar with telecommunication technology architectureFamiliar with SMSC,MMSC,SMPP,IVR,Short codes.Working knowledge of Microsoft IIS and ASP.NET; Web/ Internet content filtering.Stakeholder- relationship management skillsPlanning, analytical and project management skillsDomain name, service configuration and management; antivirus management and firewall configurationNetwork Optimisation: High speed LANs based on fast Ethernet technologies, Local to WAN
- connections, wireless LAN, TCP/IP and other protocolsProgramming skills (Visual, Basic and / Java); Operating systems/Database : Windows (2003, XP,
- Vista, Red-Hat Linux (Shell Scripting), Oracle DB, SQL, Php, Java)Microsoft Application Suites: Office 2003 (English), Visio and ProjectHardware: Administration and setup of Intel / Dell servers and PC systems with the following
- peripherals: mouse, monitors, multimedia systems, memory and network cards Good communication skills and strong customer – centric focus.