Ref: A56053, A56055
Abuja, Facilities Maintenance Section(FMC).
Work Hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week
Basic Function of the Position
- The incumbent performs janitorial duties in the classified areas at the Embassy Compound.
- S/he is responsible for cleaning classified area, equipment rooms, pent house and unclassified spaces, receives expendable janitorial supplies from General Services Office (GSO) stores.
- Provides escort duties for Facility Maintenance (FAC) contractors.
- The position is responsible for operating Facilities Maintenance Sections (FAC) man-lift equipment.
- Additionally, s/he routinely washes towels, bed sheets and medical clothing from the Embassy’s Health Unit, and performs other duties as assigned by the FAC Administrative Assistant or Facility Manager.
Note: All applicants MUST address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Completion of Secondary School Education is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year responsible experience in janitorial services is required.
- Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English Language is required.
- Knowledge of janitorial supply instructions, materials and equipment is required.
Hiring Preference Selection Process
When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a
determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP**
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility.
- If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in the application process.
- Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed(WAE) work schedule
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the local security certification after selection.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
OR - Ordinarily Resident - N2,385,434 p.a (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-02
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR - Not Ordinarily Resident - AEFM - US$20,623 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-CC