To assist in managing the daily operation of the kitchen.
- Ensuring proper daily preparation and execution of all menu items within the kitchen stations to exceed guest satisfaction and expectation.
- Instructing on the correct usage of kitchen equipment and machinery and checking that this is carried out in the correct manner by all kitchen employees as set out by the Health & Safety regulations.
- Completing material checklists e.g. mise-en-place within own department for all sections.
- Checking each section daily to ensure work has been carried out in the proper manner.
- Directly managing food production and waste generated by junior chefs.
- Delegating tasks to the Chef de Partie, Demi and Commis Chefs and monitoring that they are carried out in the correct manner.
- Keeping sections clean and sanitised, while following HACCP principals.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have a recognised Culinary qualification and you should have a minimum of two years similar culinary experience working in a five star hotel.
This is a very "hands on" and demanding position so it is paramount that you work well in a team but are also able to set standards and lead by example at all times. You must be comfortable working under pressure and be passionate about producing cuisine of the highest possible standards.
It is essential that you have good command of the English language (spoken and written) and you should be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.