To assist the Chef de Cuisine in the daily operation of the Dine A Mite kitchen.
- Ensuring that all outlet reports, schedules, standard recipes, menus, food presentation photographs and correspondence are completed in liaison with the Chef de Cuisine.
- Assisting the Chef de Cuisine with developing menus and setting standard recipes which allow the restaurant to run at an acceptable food cost, thereby satisfying guest needs and expectations.
- Ensuring that operating and kitchen equipment are maintained to good standards with minimum breakage.
- Checking incoming produce; ensuring that all food merchandise is in accordance with order sheets, receiving records and purchasing specifications.
- Assisting in the building of an efficient team of colleagues by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety, training and development.
- Liaising with the Chef de Cuisine in order to ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the kitchen.
You will show that you have a culinary qualification from a recognised institution and you must possess an International approved Food Safety Certificate.
You should be able to demonstrate at least three years experience of working in a five star hotel in an all day dining restaurant or staff restaurant experience.
It is essential that you will have an experience in European/Mediterranean cuisine