An exciting role has arisen in ET Sushi Kitchen at Jumeirah Emirates Towers for a talented Junior Sous Chef. The main purpose of this role is to perform and delegate tasks to a multicultural team and to ensure superior production and presentation.
Your key duties will include:
- Handling multiple tasks as well banqueting, outside catering and volume production with an eye for detail and presentation.
- Staying up to date with the latest culinary trends and implementing better, creative and more consistent ideas.
- Ensuring that the HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points) guidelines as well as general health and safety rules in the workplace are fully implemented.
- Creating, in conjunction with the Chef De Cuisine/Executive Sous Chef, menus, buffets and "specials" that meet the needs of the target market and are in line with the operating concept for the restaurant.
- Maintaining good working relationships with colleagues and all other departments.
- Assuming responsibility for increasing departmental sales and profit.
- Minimising payroll costs by maximising the productivity and efficient scheduling of employees.
In order to be considered for this role, it is essential that you have a recognised culinary diploma and a minimum 1 year culinary experience in a junior management role. You must be able to effectively lead and motivate people.
You should have good command of the English language and good presentation skills. Basic knowledge of computer softwares (Microsoft Office) and purchasing/ordering applications is required.