An exciting role has arisen in the Main Kitchen at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel for a highly motivated and hard working Junior Sous Chef. The main purpose of this position is to assist the Sous Chef in the daily operation of the Main Kitchen.
- Ensure that all outlet reports, schedules, standard recipes, menus, food presentation photographs and correspondence are completed in liaison with the Chef de Cuisine in an accurate and punctual manner.
- Assist the Sous Chef with developing menus and setting standard recipes which allow the restaurant to run at an acceptable food cost, thereby satisfying guest needs and expectations.
- Have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the company's policy relating to fire, hygiene and safety.
- Ensure that operating and kitchen equipment is maintained to a good standard with minimum breakage.
- Check incoming produce, ensuring that all food merchandise is in accordance with order sheets, receiving records and purchasing specifications.
- Assist in the building of an efficient team of colleagues by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety, training and development.
- Liaise with the Sous Chef in order to ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the kitchen.
In order to be considered for this role you will show that you have a culinary qualification from a recognised institution and you must possess an Internationally approved Food Safety Certificate.
You should be able to demonstrate at least five years experience of working in the main kitchen of a five star hotel.
This is a very "hands on" and demanding position so it is paramount that you work well in a team but are also able to set standards and lead by example at all times. You must be comfortable working under pressure and be passionate about producing cuisine of the highest possible standards.
You will have strong written and verbal English skills as well as a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office as strong communication skills are required.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which include: your own studio room accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, annual flight allowance, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.