An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Junior Sous Chef to join the Pastry Kitchen team at the Burj Al Arab. The main purpose of this role is to ensure the smooth operation of the department by optimising the use of all kitchen materials and manpower, thereby maximising revenue and guest satisfaction and expectation.
- Ensuring proper daily preparation of menu items with the kitchen stations to exceed guest satisfaction and expectation.
- Instructing on the correct usage of Kitchen equipment and machinery and checking that this is carried out in the correct manner by all Kitchen employees as set out by the Health & Safety regulations and correcting the usage if necessary.
- Completing material checklist e.g. mise-en-place within own department for all sections.
- Checking daily each section in own department to ensure work has been carried out in the proper manner.
- Planning rosters on a biweekly basis and reviewing on a daily basis with the Executive Pastry Chef / Pastry Chef, overtime, rosters and holiday requirements and absenteeism.
- Preparing and managing large banquets for 50 to 300 guests.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have a recognised Culinary or Pastry qualification and you should have a minimum of 3 years experience working in the Pastry Kitchen for a 5 star hotel.
This is a very "hands on" and demanding position so it is paramount that you work well in a team but are also able to set standards and lead by example at all times. You must be comfortable working under pressure and be passionate about producing cuisine of the highest possible standards.
It is essential that you have good command of the English language (spoken and written) and you should be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; your own single room accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, annual flight allowance, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.