A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Junior Sous Chef to join the culinary team at the Jumeirah Restaurants. The main purpose of the role is to assist the Sous Chefs/Head Chef in the daily preparation and service of food, ensuring that the highest standards are maintained at all times, and to ensure that your designated section, equipment and utensils are always kept clean and tidy to the standards required by the Restaurant.
Your key duties will include:
- Supervising the pass and check every dish sent from the kitchen before going to the guest to ensure standards are maintained in the absence of the HC and Sous Chef.
- Managing the full kitchen in the absence of the Sous/Head chef ensuring all set standards and quality procedures are adhered to.
- Collating ingredient orders per section and managing stock levels. Monitors the recording of food wastage and action/guide section where needed.
- Managing staff training with the sous chef and maintain an active training plan/programme for each team member.
- Checking produce against orders for quantities and ensures that the quality adheres to the standards set by the business. Any product returned due to not being the correct standard needs to be arranged and supplied. Places orders for produce on the ordering system, prints of LPO and manages the communication for General Manager's approval.
- Being able to take an active role in demonstrating new recipe ideas and be prepared to present dishes to a brief within business set timelines.
- Monitoring a cleaning standards and action any areas of concern immediately in the absence of a senior.
- In the absence of a senior chef ensure the daily kitchen records and labeling standards are being maintained at all times.
- Ensuring that stock rotation is handled correctly and FIFO is being practiced. Any area found not to be to company standard must be addressed immediately.
In order to be considered for this role you will show that you have a culinary qualification from a recognised institution and you must possess an Internationally approved Food Safety Certificate.
You should be able to demonstrate a minimum of two years experience in a similar role with standalone/branded restaurants.
This is a very "hands on" and demanding position so it is paramount that you work well in a team but are also able to set standards and lead by example at all times. You must be comfortable working under pressure and be passionate about producing cuisine of the highest possible standards.
You will have strong written and verbal English skills as well as a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office as strong communication skills are required.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; accommodation/live out allowance free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, annual flight allowance, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount of Jumeirah F&B outlets and reduced hotel rates.