To assist the Chef de Cuisine/Sous Chef in setting standards and maintaining them, ensuring the smooth operation of the kitchen, coordinating/executing training of the kitchen colleagues and cooking food on a daily basis according to business requirements.
- Assisting the Chef de cuisine/Sous chef in the supervision of all colleagues engaged in the kitchen.
- Attending daily meetings with Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef regarding menus
- Assisting the Chef de cuisine/Sous Chef in planning menus and recipes and test samples in conjunction with the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef.
- Writing specific and accurate product specifications and standard recipes for use in the computer and by the material manager.
- Establishing job methods and supervising cooking standards to maintain a high quality of food and service.
- Planning rosters on a weekly basis and reviewing overtime, rosters, holiday requirements and absenteeism.
- Liaising with the Chief Steward in order to ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of kitchen.
You should have a culinary qualification from a recognised institution and you must hold an internationally approved Food Safety Certificate.
You should be able to demonstrate at least two years experience of working in a speciality Italian Restaurant in a similar role.
This is a very "hands on" and demanding position so it is paramount that you work well in a team but are also able to set standards and lead by example at all times.
You must be comfortable working under pressure and be passionate about producing cuisine of the highest possible standards.
You will have strong written and verbal English skills as well as a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office as strong communication skills are required.