This is a senior post within the school’s structure. The post holder is accountable to the Head of School. The following is not exhaustive and the Key Stage Leader will be required to carry out such duties as may be reasonably directed by the Head of School.
• Ensure that the children in the Key Stage have access to an appropriate curriculum which will ensure that all aspects of their development are being addressed
• Build a cohesive team who work closely to provide children with continuity of learning
• Liaise with the Head of Nursery and other Key Stage heads to ensure that the transition period is as smooth as possible and to ensure curriculum continuity and progression
• Work alongside the Head of School and other heads of departments to promote a positive ethos in the school
• Work within the leadership team to set targets and raise standards across the key stage
• Keep abreast of local and international initiatives and ensure this knowledge is disseminated to colleagues
• Play a significant role in the Leadership Team, ensuring that key professional development needs are addressed through coaching and mentoring
• Monitor the quality of teaching and learning and share judgements with teachers and support staff
- B.ED or B.A/ B.Sc with a P.GCE
- Minimum of 6 years Post qualification experience
· Have a successful record of teaching in the Primary and/or the Foundation Stage of an international school.
. Evidence of experience of taking a leadership role in the school
Knowledge & Skills:
· Ability to develop and maintain good personal relationships with pupils, staff, parents/carers, Governors and the wider community
· Ability to demonstrate leadership qualities
· Ability to work effectively with staff in the monitoring of learning and teaching
· Ability to work with, lead and motivate individuals and teams of staff
· Ability to communicate effectively
· Ability to raise achievement by use of assessment data analysis and target setting
· Ability to work under pressure and meet professional deadlines
· Ability to manage and resolve conflict
· Ability to use ICT for school management development
· Ability to demonstrate outstanding classroom practice.