A restaurant and hospitality ( a "fast casual" cafe, bar and grill) Company in the heart of Lagos, currently seeks dynamic, adventurous, and professional and highly creative individual to fill the position a of KitchenManger/Head Chef
As Kitchen Manager or Head Chef you will be responsible for the entire kitchen operation, overseeing food ordering, design menus, preparation, delivery, stock control and conforming at all times with health and hygiene regulations. You will be required to train, motivate and inspire your team to deliver an efficient food operation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure the smooth running of the kitchen, at all times and to supervise, train and motivate others with the key aim of delivering food to our customers within 10 minutes.
- Manage the opening and closing of the kitchen
- Prepare, cook and present food, quickly and efficiently, meeting our standards
- Assist in keeping the kitchen clean, hygienic and tidy, at all times
- Work safely around kitchen equipment and monitor and deal with any maintenance issues
- Manage all kitchen-related office administration and third-party contractors
- Manage and maintain correct staffing levels
- Identify and take an active role in the recruitment of new staff members
- Use food development plan to improve the sales and profitability of the pub
- Maintain accurate food-ordering and stocking levels, including all kitchen materials
- Assist in achieving financial targets set for the pubs
- Manage wastage through correct product measurement
- Maintain personal knowledge by completing in-house training, attending courses and completing workbooks
- Always adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Be involved and contribute at team meetings
- Carry out instructions given by the management team and head office.