In this role you will be responsible for the implementation of learning and development solutions for functional areas to support business goals related to First Aid and Aviation Health training. You will be required to ensure all learning solutions are delivered as per the programme design and to the predefined regulatory standards and any changes required are documented and discussed with line manager and incorporated.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Learning Solutions and Organisational Development - Adhere to the predefined training and development framework, diagnose learning and performance gaps, recommend, design, develop and deliver innovative solutions and evaluate business impact, consistently achieving excellent customer satisfaction at all levels and meeting agreed KPIs.
- Programme Ownership - When relevant, ensure that changes to the business environment are analysed and recorded and training programme content updated so as to ensure learning solutions remain current and valid.
- Quality Management - Demonstrate adherence to Quality and Standards and action improvements to ensure interventions are current, relevant, accurate, and fit for purpose, meeting all regulatory requirements.
- People Management and Development - Take ownership of agreed performance objectives, competencies and development plans; actively pursue self-directed learning in order to remain current and in line with industry best practice.
- Vision, Mission and Values - Implement plans in alignment with the departmental mission, values, goals and policies; demonstrate behaviours to represent and promote these and act as a champion in change management.
In order to apply for the this role you must have the following:
- Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent).
- A specialistion in one of the following areas is preferred:
- Aviation/Cabin Crew
- Nursing, Medicine or similar Allied Health field such as Physio Therapy, Occupational Therapy.
- First Aid Instructor qualification preferred e.g. AHA, ASHI, NSC, Red Cross, ST John
- Professional qualification in Training/L&D is preferred, e.g. CIPD, City and Guilds, ILM, IATA.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in an area of specialisation.
- Experience in at least one of the following would be a distinct advantage:
- First Aid Training
- Cabin Crew or Aviation related training
- Medical Services training
- Experience of working in an environment aligned to international audit and regulatory requirements relevant to the area of specialisation
- Strong interpersonal skills and a cultural sensitivity to the local community would be critical for this role, together with the ability to influence diverse groups of people through excellent communication and presentation techniques..
- Ability to gather and analyse data, draw meaningful conclusions and write comprehensive reports on business situations and the performance of individuals.
- Demonstrate good project management knowledge use of project management and MS Office products.
- Demonstrated tolerance for ambiguity in a dynamic business environment, where priorities may change due to new initiatives and where a flexible, adaptable and responsive approach is critical to success.
- Thorough practical working knowledge of learning and development processes and methodologies and ability to design and develop innovative and effective learning solutions.