- The laboratory assistant is responsible for assisting the technologists in testing and maintenance of equipment.
- The technician also receives and transport samples.
- Keeping laboratory supplies ready by managing inventorying and placing orders
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions
- Troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, and calling for repairs.
- Documents information by maintaining daily logs and equipment record books.
- Resolves problems by examining and evaluating data as well as selecting corrective steps.
- Completing projects by assisting project team;
- Attending and participating in group and project meetings.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Calibrating equipment
- Receiving and transporting samples
- The individual must have minimum of a National Diploma in Science and Lab Technology, Bio-Chemistry, Micro-Biology or other related courses.
- The individual must be computer literate
- Strong written, verbal, and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good attention to detail
- Knowledge of the principles of biochemistry
- Knowledge of the principles of microbiology
- Productive and quality focused
- Drive to continue learning throughout career