Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Scientific laboratory technicians carry out the work that allows scientists to concentrate on, and perform, the more complex analytical processes in the laboratory.
Tasks can vary depending on the specific employer but typically involve:
- performing laboratory tests in order to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations;
- carrying out routine tasks accurately and following strict methodologies to carry out analyses;
- preparing specimens and samples;
- constructing, maintaining and operating standard laboratory equipment, for example centrifuges, titrators, pipetting machines and pH meters;
- ensuring the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced;
- recording and sometimes interpreting results to present to senior colleagues;
- using computers and performing mathematical calculations for the preparation of graphs;
- keeping up to date with technical developments, especially those which can save time and improve reliability;
- conducting searches on identified topics relevant to the research;
- following and ensuring strict safety procedures and safety checks.
A Bachelor degree in of Medical Laboratory Science or HND in Laboratory science or any related degree with an experience in a health organization