- Participates in planning, overseeing and supervising activities for the laboratory function for the site;
- Performs basic laboratory assays C04 tests, Heamatology and Chemistry as well as other tests as required;
- Oversees laboratory services provision and ensures standard, and current practices are in place for maintaining high quality laboratory services and maximizing the use of all resources;
- Ensures compliance and implementation of laboratory protocols, and support other affiliated labs staff -lab technicians, assistants and HIV Medics involved with the lab function
- Coordinates with alt laboratory vendors (outside contractors) at the site level to ensure that the process of handling patient samples and delivery of results is efficient and effective;
- Performs quality control checks and maintenance for the PartecCD4 machine in the site lab, and other laboratory tests performed within the labs:
- Participates in the development and replication of the Al-IF Nigeria laboratory protocols and practices at all affiliated healthcare centers; promoting quality of services based on timeliness in reporting results.
- Participates in training, mentors-hip and team building exercises for laboratory staff;
- Participates in inventory control management for laboratory supplies and reagents under AHF Nigeria for supported site;
- Participate in EQA, proficiency testing activities.
- Ensures the compilation of monthly laboratory inventory at the Healthcare Centers
- Other duties as assigned.
- Location: Anambra, Benue, Cross River
- BMLS Medical Laboratory Science; AIMLS
- A minimum of two years post NYSC experience in a similar position.
- Experience with CD4, hematology and chemistry systems.
- High analytical skills, quality control and basic knowledge of HIV laboratory monitoring.
- Computer proficiency an added advantage.