- Responsible for a wide variety of chemical analyses required for control of product and process quality.
- Incumbent is also responsible for performing all quality assurance tests and procedures in a precise, accurate and efficient manner.
- In addition manufacturing production batches according to recipes and procedures in a safe and efficient manner using good manufacturing practices
- Analyze raw materials, materials in process and finished products for various parameters according to established written procedures.
- Make observations in regard to color and foreign material (contamination) compared to standards.
- Calculate and record results of analyses.
- Report results to the operating department, advising measures necessary to make chemical corrections.
- Enter data company software application for data management processes.
- Call attention to results that are not consistent with specifications or behavior and appearance that are unusual.
- Prepare and standardize reagents used in laboratory analyses.
- Perform tests and analysis other than that of a routine nature under the direction of the QA Laboratory Supervisor.
- Maintain good housekeeping in the laboratory work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned, such as first aid.
- Perform data entry for inventory control
Qualification and Required Skills
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biology or related discipline.
- 1+ years of experience in a laboratory environment.
- Working knowledge of laboratory analytical methods, procedures, and techniques.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have statistical analytical skills would be preferred.