- Participates in planning and overseeing support supervision activities for the laboratory function for all sites;
- Provides basic laboratory services for CD4 tests and other tests as required;
- Oversees laboratory services provision, ensures standard, and current practices are in place for maintaining high quality laboratory services and maximizing the use of all resources;
- Ensures compliance and implementation of laboratory protocols for all lab technicians and HIV Medics involved with the lab function;
- Coordinates with all laboratory vendors( outside contractors) and the sites to ensure that the process of handling patient samples and delivery of results is efficient and effective
- Conducts quality control checks and maintenance for the Partec CD4 machine in all labs and other laboratory tests performed within the labs;
- Participates in the development and replication of the AHF Nigeria laboratory protocols and practices at all affiliated healthcare centers;
- Participates in training, mentorship and team building exercises for laboratory staff;
- Participates in inventory control management for laboratory supplies and reagents under AHF Nigeria for all sites;
- Ensures the compilation of monthly laboratory inventory at the Healthcare Centers;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science;
- Experience with CD4 system;
- A minimum of three years of experience in a similar position.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Duly registered with the Medical Laboratory Scientists’ Council and hold a current annual practicing license.
Other Skills And Abilities
- Must be able to travel 30-50% of the time;
- Sensitive to ethics and confidentiality of HIV/AIDS client issues;
- Possess current knowledge of best practices in HIV/AIDS treatment and care;
- Ability to prepare reports, provide team leadership and guidance.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.