- To be responsible for ensuring that appropriate survey is done to specifications on land and roads, with appropriate designs.
- Plan and conduct ground surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations, and other geodetic measurements.
- Determine methods and procedures for establishing or re-establishing survey control.
- Conduct Topographic survey to know the flow of water and the direction of drainages on designated estates.
- Carry out appropriate boundary survey on lands.
- Establish the coordinate points that are used in designs.
- Take road levels , for the construction of roads and advise appropriately
- Design roads and calculates the quantities involved in constructing the roads.
- Prepare proper layout designs and supervise setting out of building and roads
- Establish perimeter for all acquisition works
- Establish size/area of acquired land
- Ensure subscribers get correct allocation survey.
- Ensure necessary civil works for estate is done
- Keep accurate records and sketches to describe and certify work performed.
- Coordinates findings with work of engineering and architectural personnel, clients and others concerned with project.