Applications are invited for the position of Installation and Commissioning Engineer, which has arisen within the Large Drives Services department of the Process Industries and Drives Division. The candidate will ideally be based in Lagos, Nigeria.
Reporting to the DF CS lead, the successful candidate will provide a professional and efficient faultfinding, repair, installation and commissioning service to customers throughout Nigeria. You will also be expected to participate in Sales activities supporting planning for the Service business and interactions with key clients. You will be expected to participate in a standby rota, and therefore a flexible attitude towards out of hours and weekend working is essential. Some local and international travel will be required.
The Company designs and manufactures customised systems using variable-speed drives for AC/DC motors and associated control systems. Customers in many different industries including oil & gas, petro-chemical, onshore/offshore drilling, marine and transportation.
What are my responsibilities?
- Installation & commissioning works, on site repairs, inspections, trouble shooting and making recommendations to our external customers as well as to our internal colleagues. The role holder will act as the face of Siemens for all large drive field service issues.
- Commissioning, fault finding to component level and servicing the range of products manufactured and supplied by the company and our associated companies, but primarily with Large MV Drive systems.
- Site assessment and planning for servicing customer installed base
- Work under own initiative with minimal supervision and provide our customers with the highest levels of service possible.
- Understand the needs of our customers and markets. Build a relationship & partnerships with our external customers as well as our internal colleagues.
- Continuously seek to add value to the services provided.
- Always aim to achieve first time fixes / solutions leading to reduced breakdown times and lower costs to the customer.
- Take full responsibility for Environmental, H&S when on site and ensure control measures are in place in the field. This will include completion of relevant risk assessments, method statements and undertake all relevant legislative training requirements.
- Ensure the service levels and growth expectations of the Siemens Service Support and Training Business are met and exceeded.
- Co-ordinate service activities on customer site, to ensure compliance with rules/requirements
- Technically demonstrate and explain issues and solutions with customers and end users.
- Technical training of customers on the equipment including how to operate and perform maintenance tasks.
- Feedback to relevant Large Drives depts. where issues persist on site with Large Drive products on recommendations of improving product/documentation/Warranty case going forward with Customer and Business.
- Provision of 24 hour standby facility (on a rota basis);
- Provision of a Technical Support facility (on a rota basis).