- Financial Services
- Minimum Qualification
- Professional Qualification
- Required Experience
- 5 - 7 years
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Male or Female
- Negotiate, draft, review and advise upon, all required legal documentation in relation to real estate matters, including leases (commercial, residential and retail) licences, sales and purchase agreements, facilities management agreements, supply/service agreements, property management agreements, development management agreements, consultancy agreements, guarantees, amendment agreements, assignment agreements, settlement agreements, confidentiality agreements, hotel management agreements, MOUs, LOIs, and all other related and ancillary documents.
- Provide legal consultation, advice and support to companies across the Group in respect of both existing and prospective matters, and to identify, contain and manage exposure and contingent risk.
- Ensure proper compliance by Group companies with all property laws and regulations including, but not limited to, Dubai Landlord and Tenant Law, and the Strata Law. The Legal Manager (with input from local and external legal counsel) will also need to be familiar with applicable laws in respect of Group property related businesses operating in Egypt, Qatar, and beyond.
- Provide advice in respect of more general commercial matters (including intellectual property, agency, distributorship, franchising, and finance issues) as well as advising on the management and conduct of various contentious matters. To also provide advice, as and when required, on construction related matters.
- Academic and professional legal qualifications (Degree in law and qualification and admission as a lawyer/attorney/solicitor/barrister in home country)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Previous experience within an in-house legal role in real estate is preferable
- Previous experience working for a diverse group or a variety of companies
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- UAE experience preferred
- UAE based candidates will only be considered
- Arabic language competence would be an advantage