BIDC currently has a newly created position available in the legal department for a PQE + 3-5 year internationally qualified lawyer to provide advice on all matters of legal service including, contract, real estate matter, sale and purchase agreements, construction and consultancy contracts, lease contracts, master community declarations, real estate legal advices, real estate financing and structuring from legal prospective.
The advisor will endorse the development of potential acquisitions including analysis, creation, reasoning & evaluation, within legally satisfactory parameters.
They will be fully bi-lingual but their written English should be of an international business drafting standard.
The role is based in Abu Dhabi and reports directly to the Chief Legal Officer and will support the CLO on all matter pertaining to commercial law and in particular real estate.
- Drafting, reviewing and analysing various agreements related to real estate business including sale and purchase agreement, tenancy/lease agreements, construction and consultancy contracts, FIDIC agreements, master community declarations, etc…
- Advising on all legal matters pertaining to the acquisition/leasing and purchase of real estate property.
- Liaise with external law firms on cases related to tenancy contracts.
- Liaise with external law firms on cases related to sale and purchase contracts.
- Participate in establishing and maintaining legal criteria for real estate acquisition targets.
- Review legal documents pertaining to purchases and acquisitions.
- Managing external & Internal legal resources where required.
- Establishment of companies and drafting related documents.
- Supervising, researching and analysing implication of case law, legislation, and regulatory matters that affect the company.
- Ensuring that the legal documents and other contractual documents are effectively drafted reviewed and interpreted.
- Working with the other members on particular projects, policies & procedures.
- Assisting the business in compliance with all various legal requirements.
- Advising on liability and legal exposure for the business.
- Advising on any real estate investment as requested by management.
SKILLS & SPECIFICATIONS:
- Should have good verbal and written communication skills and needs to be an excellent communicator. Must be bi-lingual.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be a resilient character.
- Be able to build credible and long lasting partnerships..
- Have excellent trouble shooting skills and complimenting problem solving skills.
- Ability to work for long hours and under high pressure with the given deadlines as well.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A bachelor’s degree and any international accredited post graduate legal qualification.