- As the Lead Accountant you will be responsible for monitoring and managing accuracy of accounting entries.
- Ensuring that entries are timely, and compliant. Will provide support to more junior team members by clarifying accounting requirements, mitigating risks, and supporting customers on system changes.
- Full responsibility for the timely preparation and submission of monthly/quarterly management reports to HQ and the business units
- Full responsibility for analyzing Business financials on a monthly basis and reporting on variances
- Leading month-end/quarter-end closing, communicating the closing calendar and ensuring strict adherence to agreed timelines
- Reviewing General Ledger entries to ensure completeness and accuracy of Business financials
- Reviewing account reconciliations in line with the Corporate criteria for quality and driving quick resolution of any identified defects or failures
- Support internal and external financial and tax audit and examination processes, including assisting with the preparation of audited financial statements, footnotes and supplemental information
- Primary contact for the Businesses, responding timely and accurately to queries/clarifications raised
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or other Business related field and 3 - 5 years progressive accounting or finance experience
- Professional accounting qualification (e.g. CA, CPA, ACCA, ACA)
- Demonstrated proficiency in U.S. GAAP, local GAAP, IFRS and authoritative accounting literature (i.e. FASB pronouncements)
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Experience working in a global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex business issues in a clear/concise manner Strong analytical skills:
- Able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change Clear thinking/problem solving:
- Successfully led projects/process improvements within operations/finance functions; able to quickly grasp new ideas Adaptable/flexible:
- Being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations Integrity:
- Accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions and when dealing with others