To provide specialist expertise in the area of civil and structural engineering with respect to oil and gas facilities.
- Provide technical expertise, policies, procedures, standards and technical review capabilities in the area of civil and onshore structural engineering in relation to the design and construction of oil and gas facilities.
- Lead/participate in ensuring asset integrity of the civil and onshore engineering aspects of oil and gas facilities.
- Identify new technologies applicable to UIG civil and onshore structures engineering; evaluate theses both technically and commercially and where appreciable opportunities exist, progress and manage deployment in current assets and new projects.
- Assist in the management and competent development of civil and onshore structures engineering discipline across UIG.
- Take a delegated role of the alternate TA-1 for civil and onshore structures engineering (in support of the RDL) to ensure compliance with standards and policies within the discipline and authorise modifications where required.
- Audit existing civil and onshore structures oil and gas facilities for comp-compliance with clients requirements.
- Degree qualified in a Civil / Structural Engineering
- minimum 12 - 15 years experience in civil and onshore structures design and construction
- Working knowledge of a broad range of Facilities and Project engineering systems, tools and practices.
- Ability to manage interfaces with subsurface, well engineering and production disciplines as well as with government, regulators, and stakeholders is essential.
- Offshore experience in platforms and jackets etc
- Conversant with Structural Engineering software such as a STAAD
- Preparation of design basis/technical specifications and piping support design.
- Excellent communication skills.
- HSE management of a large group of people and contractors in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team set
- Ability to lead, motivate, coach and develop the technical and management skills of a large team.
- COREN certification