We are currently recruiting for a Lead Civil/Structural Engineer on a live in basis located at our office in Abu Dhabi. The successful candidate will assume sole responsibility for the Civil/Structural engineering and design scope for the project.
• To promote safe behaviour at all times
• To lead and manage the Civil/Structural engineering and design team
• To plan, budget, and control all activities associated with the Civil/Structural engineering and design for the project
• To have single-point responsibility for all Civil/Structural deliverables and ensure that they conform to all applicable engineering codes and standards as well as the Client’s policies and procedures
• To provide direction and guidance on all technical queries relating to Civil/Structural engineering and design
• To ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule
• To liaise with the Client’s Engineering, Operations and Maintenance staff as required to ensure a consistent approach to project completion
• To provide sound technical advice and solutions to a diversity of technical problems within the discipline
• To co-ordinate with other disciplines during all stages of design development, construction, pre-commissioning, and start-up
• To provide technical support to site as required
• To assist in the coordination of all activities related to Civil/Structural engineering and design
• To identify any areas of concern with respect to progress and/or quality and recommend corrective actions as required
• To attend weekly progress meetings and generate status reports for the Engineering/Project Manager.
Technical / Business Skills:
• Strong commitment to safety
• Must be able to work to an agreed scope, budget and schedule.
• An active listener with the ability to focus on customer requirements
• Experience in Conceptual, FEED and Detailed Design is required.
• Operational support / construction and commissioning.
• Negotiate for and obtain additional discipline resources where needed.
• Prepare and co-ordinate Civil and Structural Engineering deliverables including Scope of Work, Data Sheets, Civil and Structural specifications and Technical Reports.
• Use of computerised information processing both general and specialist for structural engineering such as STAAD Pro and/or Framesolver 2000.
• Compliance with WGPSN procedures and industry, international and Client Codes and standards.
• Maintain suitable records of correspondence and work completed for reference and auditing purposes.
• Must be eligible and willing to make occasional visits to Kurdistan
• Highly motivated and self reliant
• Confident and assertive
• Problem solver
• Open thinker and innovator
• Good communicator with a willingness to share knowledge and support others
• Flexible and adaptable
• Sound supervisory and organisational skills
• Fluent in both spoken and written English language.
• Must have experience of managing a Civil and Structural team.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Onshore Oil & Gas related design experience.
• Thorough awareness of International Design Guidelines and Standards.
• Commercially / contractually aware and able to manage design budgets.
• A determination to continually improve safety in all aspects of plant design and operation.
Business & Industry Experience:
• Extensive experience in the oil and gas industry
• Previous proven capability in an engineering design company
• Previous experience of site-based project work involving field engineering, construction, commissioning, operations, or maintenance
• Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred
• Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage
• Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering (B.Sc./B.Eng./M.Sc.)
• Membership of a recognised professional institute preferred