- To develop the skills of select MSH ProACT supported health facility staff and grantee CSO staff in Sokoto and Zamfara states to implement quality PHDP intervention in a manner that will improve PLHIV clients’ retention in ART and care
- To strengthen service providers capability to support facility-community linkages and referrals
- To build the skills of select service providers in documenting PHDP services to PLHIV
- To build the capacity of select service providers to identify and address structural, socio-economic and other factors which hinder PLHIV from accessing ART and care services
- To build the capacity of select service providers in mainstreaming gender into HIV/AIDS response - to identify and address harmful gender norms and gender based violence
One lead consultant will be engaged to facilitate this training, supported by 2 MSH PHDP technical staff. Two days pre training meeting with the lead consultant will hold in Abuja to review curriculum, draw up the schedule, etc on 10thand 11th December, 2015. Power point presentations, didactic methods, group works, experience sharing, role plays, hands on practical sessions and other participatory learning approaches will be utilized in the conduct of the training.
- Training report containing recommendations and approaches to improve PLHIV retention in treatment and care
- Training curriculum (power point slides)
- Simple indicators/ tools to track facility/ community PHDP interventions
- Recommendations for mainstreaming gender into comprehensive PHDP services.