Our client is an international E&P company with a huge global presence presently working on a number of projects in Nigeria.
Position Description - Roles & Accountabilities
- Lead by example and ensure that commissioning team members understand and conform to client’s HSSE policies and own their personal safety; intervene when observing unsafe actions.
- Create an overall Mechanical Commissioning Scope document for the CSU department.
- Determine the number of subsystems associated with each system assigned to me and document these systems/subsystems on the P&IDs.
- Initiate and facilitate CSU-related meetings and attend relevant external meetings related to commissioning of rotating & static equipment and other systems assigned to me (HSE, Operations, Startup, FAT, third-party vendors and contractors).
- Develop a System Commissioning Plan (SCP) for each system assigned to me, obtain approval, and then execute each SCP.
- Provide input on resources and select spare parts required for commissioning each system assigned to me.
- Coordinate mechanical commissioning activities with other commissioning leads and with the mechanical commissioning technicians, both on- and offshore.
- Review and provide comments on all Mechanical B check sheets.
- Manage the mechanical commissioning scope and activities within the project.
- Participate in the equipment preservation audit process at vendor’s yard.
- Make inputs and report progress of mechanical commissioning plans.
- Work with the CSU team to identify and manage inherent risks associate with interfaces between our team and outside parties (Engineering, fabrication and construction teams, vendors, etc.).
- Supervise and train automation commissioning engineers, technicians and programmers while the project is in the various locations and at site.
- Attend factory acceptance tests of assigned systems and subsystems on behalf of the CSU team.
- Provide Mechanical engineering support for other disciplines within the CSU team
- Consult with Engineering and vendors concerning rotating and static equipment (compressors, pumps, turbines etc.).
- Evaluate and specify specialist additional equipment or vendor-related training requirements for approval by the Commissioning.