Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
The Operations Lead Supervisor is responsible for coordinating the day-to-day operations of Samgaith Nigeria Limited. He/she analyzes operational data to understand productivity, service, and quality targets. This position collaborates with the service center management team to develop action plans and improve service level results. He/she oversees supervisors, administrative staff, and hourly employees within the department.
The primary focus of this position is managing Service Center Operations and monitoring operational compliance. The Operations Lead Supervisor assesses performance plans to verify the correct number and allocation of drivers and routes, and tracks and reports freight trends. This position identifies causes of shipment damages, overages, and shortages. The Operations Lead Supervisor conducts safety investigations and works with the Safety Manager to verify safety training and certification. This position communicates policies and rules and conducts process and regulatory compliance review audits.
- Work with other managers to coordinate hiring and promotion decisions
- Work with other managers to ensure adherence to labor agreements and address grievances
- Participate in new hire orientation meetings and conduct safety and quality training
- Determine employee training needs and provide feedback and support
- Conduct performance evaluations and resolve individual and group performance issues
- Must have a minimum qualifications of B.Sc in related studies
- Must be currently in the same geographic location as the job or willing to relocate
- Must have experience in a production/processing environment and/or trucking industry.