- The Lead Operations/Production Engineer is to take lead of the development, implementation and monitoring of the operations/production plans, standards and procedures of oil and gas facilities and coordinate with colleagues and clients to ensure optimal production/operation are maintained all year-round efficiently and safely.
What you&'ll be doing:
- Leading, developing and issuing long range plans for client's operating assets in compliance with overall client organizational requirements.
- Develops facility operation plans, revising existing operation plans, and developing and coordinating the implementation of operation plans which contribute substantially to plant profitability.
- Working collaboratively with clients' various teams to contribute to preparation of annual delivery plans for products with a view to ensuring maintenance and shutdown plans and any proposed engineering works are reflected within operations plans.
- Identifying opportunities for planning process improvements.
- Develop and maintain facility planning tools and related systems.
- Establish production/operational metrics/indicators/benchmarks with the goal of optimal output.
- Develops and implements production monitoring/reporting system through displays, graphics and trend logs and procedures for reporting abnormalities to responsible personnel to carry out appropriate action.
- Monitors the performance of plant equipment
- Develops and implements change management tools.
- Developing and implementing equipment care strategies and maintenance management systems for equipment within clients' facilities. (Equipment include but are not limited to motors, pumps, compressors, boilers, pressure vessels, dry product conveyance and storage systems, tanks heat exchangers, instrumentation, controls systems and piping systems)
- Analyzes operating problems, develops solutions and implements corrective actions.
- Provides procedures for entry and storage of operating and repair manuals.
- Originates and develops analysis methods for determining maintenance demands for components, equipment, and processes. Acquires and analyzes maintenance data from field studies or database
- Extrapolates information for rapidly repairing equipment from operating and repair manuals.
- Along with risk/reliability engineer determines the cost advantages of alternatives for developing action plans to comply with demands for timely repair of processes/equipment.
- Establishes good maintenance practices and trains clients' staff to promulgate the concepts across the organization.
- Conducts an analysis of downtime problems with risk/reliability engineer and investigates to determining the manpower/equipment required for the particular situation considering the cost limitations for equipment up/down time, repair/replacement costs, weight, size, and availability of materials/equipment.
- Considers impact of costs on recommended action plans for avoiding/correcting problems during the design phase or remedial action for correcting downtime problems on installed equipment.
- Provides support for large repair activities
- Supports the development of work scope to be executed during plant outages and turnarounds (shutdowns)
- Ensuring Safety, including both Process Safety and Occupational Health and Safety, is reinforced as the highest priority consideration in operations planning activities
- Formulates along with safety engineer monitoring systems for hot, cold and entry work permits, routine/planned maintenance works.
- Works in line with HSE policy and ensure awareness and compliance of HSE rules and regulations by subordinates.
- Represents the company in outside discussions and technical forums
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other related disciplines
- Years of Experience would be considered in absence of Degree
- Advanced degree or professional certification is advantage
Personal and Team Skills
- Must be able to work with no supervision
- Excellent soft skills
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Ability to manage issues, liaise with third parties and lead a multidisciplinary team
- Team player possessing a strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong skills in analysis, planning, problem solving and decision making
- Self-starter, creative, team player, and positive attitude.
- Strict compliance with Company's business ethics
- Demonstrated problem solving ability, and the ability to design and improve processes.
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills are required; must have the ability to manage conflict.
- Flexibility in adjusting and reprioritizing in order to meet changing needs in a fast-paced work environment
- Attentive to detail, yet understand and apply the degree of accuracy necessary for the task at hand.
- Agile learner - able to quickly assimilate relationships between variables under analysis
- Ability to attend to multiple projects simultaneously, including time-sensitive priorities.
- Be personable, approachable and able to connect with each and every person on the team and throughout the business