Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
The Operations Lead Supervisor is responsible for coordinating the day-to-day operations of company. He/she analyzes operational data to understand productivity, service, and quality targets. This position collaborates with the service center management team to develop action plans and improve service level results. He/she oversees supervisors, administrative staff, and hourly employees within the department.
The primary focus of this position is managing Service Center Operations and monitoring operational compliance. The Operations Lead Supervisor assesses performance plans to verify the correct number and allocation of drivers and routes, and tracks and reports freight trends. This position identifies causes of shipment damages, overages, and shortages. The Operations Lead Supervisor conducts safety investigations and works with the Safety Manager to verify safety training and certification. This position communicates policies and rules and conducts process and regulatory compliance review audits.
- Work with other managers to coordinate hiring and promotion decisions
- Work with other managers to ensure adherence to labor agreements and address grievances
- Participate in new hire orientation meetings and conduct safety and quality training
- Determine employee training needs and provide feedback and support
- Conduct performance evaluations and resolve individual and group performance issues
- Applies knowledge of tools, equipment and technology to properly and safely transport shipments
- Applies legal, regulatory and safety compliance knowledge to reduce company risk
- Applies knowledge of and implements health and safety processes, programs, procedures and practices related to work safety, and accident and injury prevention
- Applies an understanding of policies and procedures to situations and operations in a business area
- Applies knowledge of freight structure and operations to resolve problems, make decisions and achieve business objectives
- Builds labor relations by interacting with labor officials and unionized employees, and addressing and resolving requests and situations
- Coaches and develops others using career development processes and tools
- Must have a minimum qualifications of B.Sc in related studies
- Must be currently in the same geographic location as the job or willing to relocate
- Must have experience in a production/processing environment and/or trucking industry.
Experience supervising employees is preferred