Worley Parsons is a dynamic, entrepreneurial, empowered EPCM employing over 40,000 people across 41 countries. With a recognized global reputation as a provider of professional services to the energy, resources and complex process industries, Worley Parsons continues to push the boundaries and extend its capabilities around the world. Headquartered in Australia, we are a global company that prides itself on providing safe and high quality services that exceed our clients’ expectations.
Worley Parsons strives to be an industry leader in health, safety and environmental performance. Our vision is to achieve zero harm to people and assets, and zero environmental incidents. We select people who share our values, beliefs and commitment to this vision and who demonstrate the expected behaviors, competencies and performance associated with their prospective roles within the company.
We are looking for a Lead Pipeline Engineer for our In-house role to be based in UAE.
Be the Lead Pipeline Engineer on the project related to on-shore pipelines and to provide guidance and technical advice to the Pipeline Engineering team.
This role is suited to an individual who is passionate, self-motivated and driven to succeeding in the Pipeline industry. Supervise, manage and deliver onshore and sub-sea pipeline discipline development engineering and detail design services in a team environment primarily within the hydrocarbons Customer Segment Group (CSG)
Provide technical leadership in all facets of project delivery including innovations in tendering, estimating and planning plus involvement in industry research and standards whilst embracing an impressive suite of company systems in achieving cost effective outcomes.
To ensure all work carried out conforms with agreed codes and practices, meets all requirements of the contract specifications and ensure all work is carried out within agreed schedules & budgets following Company procedures.
Initiate and oversee specific pipeline design tasks performed by engineers related to on-shore pipelines
- Pipeline route selection, to optimise costs of new pipelines.
- Pipeline sizing and design to meet performance criteria.
- Cost estimating for pipelines and facilities.
- Providing pipeline construction support.
- Up to date knowledge and experience in on-shore pipeline design for oil and gas industry
- All design engineering activities, project management skills, technical execution and completion of assigned engineering tasks
- Assisting the project engineers in the co-ordination and preparation of input into the contract documents for each discipline area, including design criteria, scope of work, procedures and design approach.
- Leading the team of pipeline engineers for the assigned project.
- Liaison and co-ordination with other engineers and discipline groups on the contract to effect timely production of deliverables.
- Technical writing activities, in particular, production of technical reports and procedures
- Provide interpretation and verification of design and engineering
- Facilitate and administer interdisciplinary coordination
- Providing proposal inputs for the new jobs under bidding stage.
- Setting high performance standards for the team of engineers working on the assigned project.
- Quality Assurance – Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the Oil & Gas Business Unit.
- Safety – Responsible for personal safety, safe working practices for the Oil & Gas Business Unit. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
- Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent Degree in Civil/Mechanical
- Affiliation to engineers’ association/institute bodies shall add additional advantage
- At least 12 years pipeline design engineering experience in the Oil and Gas industry, onshore or related petrochemicals industry.
- Capabilities of working with various project teams (Ability to manage projects)
- Proven ability to work with a minimal supervision
- Ability and willingness to meet agreed deadlines
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and a willingness and ability to work as part of team
- Well-developed report writing skills
- Extensive experience in FEED and detailed design of Oil and Gas pipelines.
- Computer skills particularly in the use of CEASER package for stress analysis and knowledge of the sub-sea design support software such as Plus*One, Off pipe, Abaqus, Math Cad, Pipe sim and Pipeline Studio (TGNET & TLNET)
- Project management and project control skills are essential
- Good team player
If your skills and experience match the above criteria and the opportunity to work on this exciting project sounds of interest please apply directly to the advertisement