Reporting to the Quality Leader, the Quality Engineer will be responsible for providing quality functional support to all aspects of Diesel-Recon Manufacturing Operations and the wider supply chain. They will promote quality functional excellence and play a key role in process capability, development and continual improvement activities.
Promotes overall Quality Engineering and Quality Functional Excellence activities,
Maintains and supports KPIs and metrics.
Leads and facilitates Quality Improvement teams in 7 step problem solving for the Value Streams, the wider Supply Chain or as directed by the Quality Team Leader.
Leads functional excellence initiatives.
Monitor and action Non-Conformance Material Reports and analyse data.
Facilitates the resolution of action items across the plant,
Supports the completion and resolution of internal and external Quality Audits,
Works closely with all operations groups, engineering, supplier quality, customer service, aftermarket and warranty and leads to identify improvement opportunities in the supply chain,
Participates and supports in customer visits, both internal and external, from the EMEA region,
Identify and execute continual improvement opportunities and improvements.
Supervision of one or more Quality Technicians/Apprentices as directed by the Quality Team Leader,
Take responsibility for the management of Quarantine areas and commodity ownership,
Leads and facilitates Quality activities within staff groups, shop floor and wider supply chain,
Identifies training and development opportunities within the business in relation to QE functional excellence,
Support internal and external audit results and lead improvement actions, this can be linked with the points below
Delegates for the Quality Leader as directed.
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
· Degree qualified (essential)
· Relevant post graduate experience in Quality Engineering or related field
· Good understanding of ISO9001:2008,
· Quality Systems requirements,
· Six Sigma trained,
· Member of the Chartered Quality Institute and qualified Internal Systems Auditor.
Skills and Experience:
· Excellent communication skills, written and verbal,
. Previous experience in a customer/supplier facing role would be advantage
· Must have a good understanding of Quality practices and tools,
· Proven engineering background based in a manufacturing environment,
· Strong administration and organisational skills,
· Problem solving and quality improvement, including an understanding of tools/process type and selection, corrective and preventative action processes,
· Product or service familiarisation,
· Quality system development, implementation and verification,
· Value Package Introduction experience.
· Travel – up to 25%.