- The Lead Service Center Technician will undertakes lead role in day to day activities of Service Center team, to ensure equipment is tested and delivered to quality and time standards.
- The job is based in Chad, Africa based on rotations: 35 days on/ 35 days off.
- Leads morning meetings.
- Ensure all EHS requirements are complied with, including JSA, correct procedures and appropriate PPE.
- Ensure that hazards identified in the SHE plan and others encountered during execution of the work are controlled or eliminated. Stop work immediately if it cannot be done safely, and do not resume work until the identified hazard has been mitigated
- Present required documentation before work execution and implement specified safety requirements accordingly.
- Make certain that approved tools are used and that they are properly maintained.
- Undertake PDI to defined quality standards.
- Perform or oversee the repair and testing of cable, ensuring minimal waste.
- Utilize computer to undertake quality testing on equipment.
- Participate in equipment tear-downs, providing input for failure analysis.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Regular and timely attendance required.
- Ability to follow instructions
- Problem solving, math and language skills
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to interact well with customers and rig hands
- Strong hazard identification skills
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required, including traveling to Chad, Africa at least 5 times per year on the rotational base: 35 days on/ 35 days off
- Willingness and ability to work in extreme weather conditions, including; heat / humidity, cold, wind, and altitude
- Willingness and ability to work in harsh living conditions , which may have limited access to medical services and, where available, the medical services available may be limited
- Willingness and ability to handle exertion of - and up to 10lb / 5kg of force, constantly; Up to 20lbs / ~10kg of force, frequently; and up to 50lbs / ~23kg of force, occasionally
- Willingness and ability to operate both, light and heavy equipment
- Willingness and ability to stand, walk, and use hands to touch and feel, crawl, climb, floor sitting, kneel, and/or exert force
- Health Certificate - required as proof that an employee can perform the essential functions of this job under the work conditions described above.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Strong customer service mindset
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.