GE Energy has a vacancy for a Software Design Engineer to enhance its Multiphase flow meter (MPFM) Design function within the Oil and Gas sector. This rapidly growing division is looking for the finest candidates to provide first class Engineering support to the MPFM business. The team is developing a new MPFM product line driven by organic growth and market demands. The team also provide technical support for internal and external customers, sales, marketing and production.
- Development of embedded software/firmware (C/C++ and assembly language)
- Firmware/hardware partitioning of hardware (FPGA) accelerated instruments
- Writing of debug level software/firmware
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Lead development of software including staff management.
- Experience of implementing SW with and without RTOS
- Strong knowledge of hardware level interfacing (device drivers)
- Implementation of communications protocols (TCP/IP, CANBUS, MODBUS)
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Software/Electronic Engineering
- Strong time management skills
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team
- Produce accurate work under pressure
- Work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer requests.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Software development and testing for mission critical applications
- Experience of leading software development teams.
- Development of software architectural design and detailed design using UML including design for test
- Implementation of signal processing algorithms on embedded processors/DSP (C/C++)
- Development of Visual Studio oriented GUI (C#, C++, VB)
- Exposure to Matlab
- Strong mathematics
- Programmable system design – software download and FPGA configuration experience
- SCADA familiarity
- Experience with UML tools, such as ARTiSAN, Rhapsody, SCADE, etc.
- Experience with Change and Configuration tools, such as Synergy, Clearcase, Serena Dimensions, etc.
- Knowledge of assembly language
- Experience of writing SW for FPGA (soft core) processors
- Design and implementation of PC based GUI schemes (dotnet)
- Reviewing marketing information and creating design specifications
- Supporting external customers, internal sales and marketing functions
- Testing and characterisation of measurement instruments
- Manufacturing support and ability to solve manufacturing related problems quickly
- High standard of documentation as evidence of conformity
- Understanding and interpretation of client and hardware requirements.