- Responsible for ensuring the supply of goods and services to the organisation
- Procured goods at the best possible price and are inline with the quality and standard required by the organisation to do business.
- Responsible for the management and development of personnel who report directly to him/her
- Continually look at the performance of the team as a whole and identify any competency gaps that could be detrimental to the company.
- Establish and maintain an efficient supply chain, which involves negotiating contracts and maintaining relationships with suppliers.
- Involved in contributing to discussions at a Management team regarding the strategic direction of the company.
- Monthly reports will be required for the management team detailing the supply of goods and also clearly identifying budgetary target performance
- Continually review the supply chain of the company inline with company strategy and budgetary requirements.
- University Degree in Social Sciences or related field
- 3+ years of experience with the contracting/procurement business or related discipline
- Masters Degree in related discipline will be preferrable
- Professional certification will be of added advantage
- Must also be able to interpret and present figures in a reporting format, which can be fully understood by others.
- Strong negotiating and people skills are very important.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are vital.
- Leadership and problem solving skills are required
- Must be able to demonstrate your ability to provide effective solutions that can be followed by others under your leadership.
- Must be a Computer literate and able to use MS PowerPoint, MS Excel and other Microsoft Application Suite