Lead accountability for developing and executing a sales strategy which maximizes revenue and profit for Payment Gateway Services across MENA.
The scope of Payment Gateway Services includes MasterCard Internet gateway, DataCash and SME Online functionality
The position reports to the VP Advanced Payments who reports to the Head of Market development MENA.
The job-holder must be capable of operating with high levels of empowerment and accountability. This position stands on its own with no direct reports, meaning that the jobholder requires to be able to operate at a strategic and operational level.
• Develop and execute sales strategies that achieve sales, revenue and profit objectives for Payment Gateway services in MENA.
• Proactively identify and pursue initiatives that drive customer, merchant and MasterCard revenues, identifying new business opportunities with traditional and/or non-traditional partners and expansion of new business development with existing partners.
• Lead the sales effort, coordinating and developing the sales pipeline whilst leveraging all available resources and ensuring effective communication and coordination with the Core Sales teams, GP&S to highlight product innovation opportunities emerging from discussions with customers and merchants and potential customers and merchants, Customer Delivery to ensure new implementation needs are fully planned and met.
• Provide subject matter expertise on Payment Gateway services
• Identify product innovation opportunities emerging from assigned customer segment
• Actively participate in the sales planning process within MEA Core Sales teams.
• Develop, coordinate and deliver sales presentations for identified opportunities.
• Develop financial modeling and business cases for identified opportunities, as well as coordinate contract development.
Key Skills & Experience
• Deep knowledge and understanding of eCommerce Payments products and services, with significant experience in sales and business development within the traditional and non-traditional space.
• Relevant tertiary qualifications and 10+ years of progressive business experience, with a strong track record in the payments industry and deep knowledge of consumer payments.
• High preference for action - results driven and with a disciplined approach to deliver sales targets.
• Strong sales skills – ability to identify and capture opportunities for increasing MasterCard revenue and profitability, while maintaining customer focus. Disciplined approach to sales pipeline development, management, tracking and reporting.
• Strong account management experience - ability to understand customer and constituent needs, marketplace dynamics, industry trends and the competitive landscape.
• Strong relationship management skills - experience of managing multiple stakeholders in a multicultural environment, matrixed environment, across multiple geographic locations. Strong negotiating and influencing skills, with the ability to execute through others who do not report directly.
• Strong analytical skills - ability to identify issues before they develop into problems and to proactively resolve issues directly or through escalation to appropriate partners/stakeholders.
• Strong team working skills - ability to work collaboratively and both independently and in a team environment.
• Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills - extensive experience in communicating in international environment at senior management level.