Support the execution of strategies which are geared towards significantly expanding the business across MEA in the non-traditional areas of Mobile commerce and P2P Remittances, developing and helping grow the pipeline.
- Managing telco relationships in MEA in the area of mobile commerce and facilitating the use of mobile phones as payment acceptance devices.
- Implementing an approved strategy for P2P remittances – domestic and cross-border based on prepaid wallet solutions, “cash-in”, “cash-out” as well as payment pricing and functionality.
- Identifying, developing and successfully pitching opportunities for new revenue streams through the successful development, rollout, and expansion of our capabilities in the division
- Developing deep and abiding relationships at all relevant levels from the C-Suite downwards to inform, guide and influence high levels of success with the customer(s).
- Understanding customer needs, marketplace dynamics, industry trends, and the competitive landscape in the industry/function and considering the external impact of business activities and decisions on the external environment
- Leading projects/initiatives; able to quickly grasp new ideas; able to simplify strategy into specific actions with clear accountability, making decisions with speed and accuracy based on best available information, and communicating priorities clearly and concisely.
- Adapting to new information, feedback, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations; able to deal calmly and effectively with high-stress situations, including continuing to persevere and remaining calm in challenging circumstances
- Partnering with key constituents both internally (Sales and acceptance teams, business leads, Area Heads, country managers and functional group heads), as well as external resources (customers and merchants, regulators, third party service providers) to ensure seamless execution of the strategy
• 10+ years of progressive business experience with demonstrated success. BA degree required, advanced degree preferred. Selling to and managing telco relationships is a key requirement. Retail banking and payments industry related experience preferred.
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment resulting in high-quality output
• Language skills – English essential, French and/or Arabic an added advantage
• Project Management experience: Six-Sigma understanding an advantage
• Sales cycle management skills – lead generation, prioritization, presentation, proposal, agreement, closure
• Ability to work with multiple stake-holders within and outside the organization
• Strong financial and business skills are a must: analyzing competitor offerings, identifying gaps and solutions, familiarity with pricing analysis and ability to partner with Pricing to develop competitive pricing recommendations
• Operational and technical knowledge of payment network protocols and transaction formats is desirable.
• Institutional sales and marketing skills are a requirement.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Extensive travel required, including flexibility to travel at short notice