The Learning & Development Assistant's role is to assist L&D team with day to day administrative duties and contribute to the smooth running of the department. You will be part of a team of four Learning & Development professionals, which forms part of the wider Knowledge & Learning team of 17.
Provide general administrative support to the team, including:
- proactive diary management and related organisation of L&D team;
- produce documentation with guidance from the L&D Officers and Managers;
- responding to general L&D queries from partners, lawyers and support staff;
- liaising with external providers and coaches as required;
- organising and providing itineraries for travel arrangements;
- assisting with ad hoc research;
- maintaining enrolment lists for all learning programmes; and
- undertaking ad hoc project work as required.
Responsibility for seminar administration:
- updating and managing the department events calendar;
- sending out weekly notices about seminar room requirements;
- ensuring seminar materials are correctly branded and professionally presented;
- liaising with the Facilities team to ensure seminar rooms are adequately prepared;
- managing and setting up equipment where necessary;
- copying and distributing materials;
- liaising with catering;
- meeting and greeting seminar attendees for legal seminars;
- liaise with AV support technician regarding recording and customization of legal seminars;
- collecting equipment, materials and feedback forms at the end of seminars; and
- distributing materials to other offices in the international network as required.
Responsibility for the L&D database (which holds all seminar and attendee records):
- inputting of data;
- producing reports as required;
- liaising with the Law Society regarding additional information; and
- update lawyers on their educational hours on a quarterly basis and sign off on all SRA requirements at the end of CPD year for the renewal of Practicing Certificates.
Assist with the maintenance of educational information on the L&D intranet site.
Administrative management of the Risk Management, Anti-Money Laundering and Registration Desk on-line courses (setting up each new starter to the firm on the system, supervising the commencement of course and monitoring successful completion).
Booking external seminars when requested and maintaining individual records.
Maintaining the department budget file.
- Ability to deal with high level workloads and changing priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of undertaking administrative tasks.
- Experience of working in a professional environment and offering excellent customer service.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels; including taking calls on behalf of the management team.
- Ability to deal with external contacts and suppliers.
- Confident telephone manner.
- Willingness to work as part of a team.
- Desire to develop skills and knowledge.
- Extensive knowledge of Outlook, Word 2010, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Previous knowledge of working with a Learning & Development database (desirable).
- Proven organisational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to remain calm in pressurised and demanding situations.
- Previous HR experience.
- Ability to keep all information confidential.
- Good use of own initiative.
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment.
- Previous experience of working in a law firm or professional services organisation.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Energetic & robust.
- Commercially aware.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Committed & determined.