An opportunity to help build and develop the Learning & Development department.
This role reports into the Learning and Organizational Development Manager and is responsible for ensuring the effective execution of training and development programs in support of Professional Development activities at NYUAD. They will coordinate delivery of training programs designed and delivered by subject matter experts (i.e., OEO and Cultural Intelligence). Design and/or deliver training programs and initiatives within established professional development guidelines. Create training schedules and announcements, develop, implement and maintain eLearning courses. Upload training programs and announcements to iLearn system (LMS learning management system).
- Coordinate, facilitate, and deliver training programs and group discussions on various topics, such as, frontline leadership, leadership development, change management, and performance management
- Design, deliver, and evaluate instructor led training and development solutions to enhance leadership, managerial and professional staff effectiveness and compliance with university policies and guidelines
- Prepare communications and announcements for learning programs
- Manage annual performance review program, train and support managers to conduct performance evaluations and determine competences
- Provide guidance for employees regarding long-term role and career development to ensure they have tools, resources, support, and training required to enhance their job performance and advance their careers; ensure individual development plans are followed -up and appropriate individual performance assessment is created
- Create and deliver talent development and employee engagement programs. Undertake OD interventions and recommend solutions to address any gaps
- Coordinate talent development programs for Emirati nationals. Ensure Emirati retention by providing programs that support their engagement. Partner with Recruitment Team on Emirati recruitment and manage Career Development Planning process.
- Communicate with and manage vendor relationships for external providers
- Plans and develops scripts for training, and creates eLearning courses using Captivate
Education requirements (essential)
Master’s Degree in Organizational Development, Organizational Psychology, or related field required.
Experience requirements (essential)
- 5-7 years of professional level experience, in a learning and development role educating adult learners
- Strong passion for learning and development
- Ability to speak in front of groups, engage program participants, and inspire others
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Ability to see areas for continuous improvement and organizational development solutions
- Results oriented and motivated
- Knowledge of NYUAD programs and processes (preferred)
- Organized, efficient, and able to collaboratively communicate and function in an academic environment across functions and all levels
- Excellent English writing, editing, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with LMS or other data systems