The Firmwide Learning team designs and delivers high quality learning interventions for Deloitte's practitioners and Partners in the UK.
The team encompasses a range of learning practitioners working in areas including: leadership development, facilitation, enabling skills, learning technology, coaching, mentoring, learning administration, programme coordination, events management, professional skills and industry training.
With existing world-class classroom, coaching and mentoring programmes, we are increasingly focussed on creating cutting-edge online learning. Our aim is to ensure all our learning is delivered as part of fully blended programmes by 2015. The focus of this role will be delivery of the "Blend 2015" strategy by fulfilling the current demand within the team for online learning courses and programme components.
As such, the role requires a candidate with a solid experience of applying learning design principles, in combination with strong, delivery-focussed learning technology skills.
The Assistant Manager role will have responsibility for:
- Content creation: The main focus of the role will be the design and development of high quality online learning for the Firmwide Learning team, either in-house or in collaboration with external providers. This will include: interactive e-learning modules, scenarios, online presentations, podcasts, videos and resource hubs.
- Stakeholder engagement: Establish strong working relationships with course managers, Subject Matter Experts from across the business, senior management, Global teams and external content providers.
- Project management:lead design meetings with SMEs, provide clear progress/status updates, manage multiple competing projects, managing stakeholder expectations and work to strict deadlines.
- Admin:working with Global team to manage course uploads to the learning platform, provide programme stakeholders with comprehensive reporting and analytics
- Support:troubleshooting course issues, working with learners to resolve problems
- Team development:share skills and develop other team members
- Group participation: the role will be an active member of several internal groups (UK and Globally) relating to learning, technology, platform and learning content.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Minimum 3 'A' levels or equivalent
- Minimum 6 GCSE's or equivalent including English at A or B grade
- Experience working with online learning development tools within a corporate environment - able to demonstrate with examples/portfolio available on request
- Learning design experience ‑ able to apply adult learning and instructional design best practice
- Working knowledge of relevant online learning standards ‑ e.g. SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004 and emerging standards (e.g. Tin Can API)
- Experience delivering and administering learning via at least one of the major Learning Management System (LMS) platforms
- Basic web design and development experience
- Online learning industry knowledge ‑ familiarity with trends and emerging technologies
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously as well as within a team environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (particularly written communication)
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and managing several competing priorities
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Degree-level education, preferably in a related field (learning, multimedia, web)
- Understanding of visual design principles for online communication and user interfaces
- Basic experience producing and editing audio and video assets for online learning
- Previous experience working with Saba Learning Management System (LMS)