Great opportunity at senior level
Join a team of world class specialists
Our client is wholly indigenous petroleum products marketing company registered in Nigeria. Established in 2005 and licensed by the Department of Petroleum Resources to engage in the trading of Petroleum Products, and other Services. They are a major importer and distributor of petroleum products. Their vision is to be the world’s bench-mark in the oil and gas industry, they are poised to provide excellent world-class services to their stakeholders and Nigerians.
An exciting opportunity exists for a career driven Legal Adviser to join their team.
In this role you will:
- Handle corporate finance transactions
- Be up to speed and renew all permits and agreements related to the Oil & Gas sector
- Provide legal opinion on all business transactions according to the labour law
- Conduct and prepare due diligence reports
- Serve as company secretary
- Co-ordinate the legal dimension activities of the Company.
- Review contracts and legal documents for both internal and external clients
- Acts as Commercial Manager by being involved in negotiation and actions pre-project take off.
- Provide legal advice on staff, financial and contractual and institutional matters.
- Revise public procurement notices and contracts to be signed by the company.
- Provide legal advice on the legal validity and liability related to acts and decisions prepared by the Company.
- Examine publications, advertisements and other such materials/document for legal implications.
- Implement the legal processes required to affect the privileges, obligations and rights of the organization.
- Examine legal information to find out the advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuit.
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking appropriate action.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Must have an LL.B, B.L.A, Oil & Gas degree from an international institution
- Professional certification will be an added advantage
- Must have at least 7 years cognate experience with 3 years proven experience in Oil & Gas Law.
- He/she must have experience in commercial contracts, litigations and dispute resolutions
As an employer of choice, they will provide you:
- Competitive salary package and benefits;
- Opportunities for ongoing learning and career development.