The purpose of this role is principally to provide legal advice and support to various departments, associated companies and joint ventures of Emirates, dnata and dnata World Travel, both in Dubai and internationally, as allocated.
In this role you will be involved in a broad range of corporate and commercial legal matters, potentially ranging from drafting and negotiating commercial agreements, to advising on laws and regulations, dealing with disputes and litigation and the establishment of joint ventures and corporate transactions. You will be expected to become a subject matter expert in one or more specified areas of legal work or legal knowledge.
As a Legal Adviser, you will also have responsibility to assist the designated Vice President — Legal and Senior Vice President – Legal in the arrangement, co-ordination, monitoring and control of legal advice locally procured and provided at outstations.
The Legal Adviser will also work with other Legal Advisers (including potentially in a supervised or supervisory role) and report to the designated Vice President — Legal or Senior Vice President – Legal.
In order to apply for this role, you must have the following:
- You must be a Qualified Lawyer (admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction).
- Hold a current practising certificate (or equivalent membership of recognised professional law body)
- 1-4 years post qualification experience, preferred in a corporate legal department or private practice.
- Broad corporate and commercial legal experience required.
- Travel or transport experience an advantage.
- Excellent analytical ability and drafting skills.
- Effective English language communication.
- Service orientated with commercial awareness.
- Ability to work on a diverse range of client matters, whilst maintaining an overview of the Group's long-term commercial goals.