Preparation of Legal Documents and Contracts:
- Prepare a wide variety of legal documents under the group General Counsel supervision.
- Develop and/or review drafts of contracts and agreements.
Research, Analysis and Consultation:
- Conduct legal, factual research and data analysis as directed.
- Provide legal analysis of contractual and regulatory issues.
- Convey legal advice and follow up information to manager regarding legal implications, risks and liabilities of proposed and actual policies, practices and contractual situations.
- Negotiate specific contractual issues and agreements.
- Participate in meeting and conferences pertaining to resolution of contracting issues.
- Involved in the review of new legislation requiring contractual compliance and implementation of systems required to attain compliance.
- Develop contracts to achieve compliance, negotiating legal issues as appropriate.
- Provide support in intellectual property protection and commercial proceedings.
- Liaise with trademark agents for registering trademarks.
- Prepare and negotiate licenses and other contracts for protection of intellectual property assets.
- Liaise with regard to patent, trademark, copyright, antitrust, trade secret, right of publicity, and unfair competition issues with external law officers.
Routine Administrative Tasks:
- Establish, maintain, process and/or oversee files, correspondence, databases, records, certificates, and/or other documents.
- Liaise with government officials, business divisions, external law offices, brand principles, JV companies and the management of various legal issues.
Desired Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 5 years plus prior experience in a Law Firm or In house Legal Department
- Be a University educated, qualified Lawyer
- Must be an English and French speaker. Drafting will be in both languages.
- Have a strong drive for achievement and use of initiative
- Be an analytical thinker and problem solver
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have a strong concern for quality
- Be team player
- Have excellent planning and organisation skills
- Have a strong business acumen
- Have Excellent Negotiation skills
- Have strong technical expertise