§ Review of all relevant statutory laws and regulations applicable to the Company and ensure compliance with these
§ Ensure that business activities are conducted in conformity with all applicable laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures.
§ Ensure that all regulatory permissions remain current and appropriate for business needs.
§ Continual compliance risk assessment of company practices together with the development of internal policies and procedures, compliance training and protocols.
§ Serve as liaison for all regulatory bodies as well as maintaining relationships with relevant legal bodies and trade associations.
§ Keep abreast of regulatory developments and industry initiatives and advise management accordingly.
§ Liaise with third parties, together with the company’s management, that wish to understand the company’s control environment, compliance policies and procedures.
§ Provide reporting with respect to regulatory requirements and developments
§ Develop compliance checklists and prepare compliance reports, as and when due
§ Inform the Internal Audit unit of any findings as regards non-compliance that may require investigation
§ Ensuring compliance with best practices
§ Participate in Business Process Re-engineering exercises to ensure controls therein
§ Carry out review of SLA Manuals to ensure applicable regulatory laws are incorporated
§ Any other duties as required by the Unit head
§ Liaise with auditors, external lawyers, tax advisers, bankers and shareholders.
§ Preparation of compliance documentation with relevant constitutive documents for statutory, legal, regulatory purposes.
§ Liaison with all the subsidiaries within the Company’s Group, service providers, external legal advisers, and government agencies.
§ Maintenance and review of Legal Agreements
§ Developing and overseeing that the company meets its compliance obligations under relevant laws and the requirements of regulatory authorities
§ Negotiation, drafting and implementation of the terms of agreements in all business contracts and agreements.
§ Responsible for providing legal support in controlling customer complaints to mitigate the risk of litigation
§ Review all documentation that has legal implications for the company prior to signing and implementing.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Law.
• LLM (an advantage)
• A minimum of 3 years compliance experience preferably within the Financial Services environment
• A minimum of 7 years working experience with 3 years compliance experience preferably within the financial services environment Insurance Industry experience preferable.
• I.T knowledge (particularly in Excel and Word)
• High level of determination and tenacity
• Good understanding of Compliance activities in Financial Services.
• Experience of developing and managing compliance monitoring programmes.
• Articulate, effective communication skills with the ability to communicate internally and externally (lawyers, regulators, auditors) at all levels
• Fully conversant with NAICOM, SEC, NSE, CAC, NFIU, IFRS, and other regulatory Directives and Guidelines.