Job Vacancy at Ondo State University Of Science And Technology, (OSUSTECH)
- Minimum Qualification
- Bachelor's Degree
- Required Experience
- 3 - 5 years
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Male or Female
- The University Librarian is the Chief Library Officer of the University and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the administration of the University Library and the co-ordination of the Library Services in the University.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate for the post of University Librarian must possess a good honours degree, plus professional qualification in librarianship. Possession of a Ph.D and membership of a relevant professional body will be an advantage.
- Candidates must also show evidence of considerable scholarship and thorough understanding of the application of new technologies to library operations and services.
- Computer literacy and application of ICT in library services is an essential requirement.
- In addition, candidates must show sufficient evidence of contribution to knowledge through research and scholarly publications in reputable journals within and outside Nigeria; and competence in job planning, organization and ability to take initiatives to fast-track the development of a young University Library to an international standard within a short period of time.
- At least five (5) of the relevant years of experience must have been at top leadership position in a recognized University and must have served as Deputy Librarian for at least three (3) years.