What We Need
The ideal candidate should have the following abilities:
• Manage the planning, administrative and budgetary functions of library and information services.
• Establish and implement library and information policies and procedures.
• Develop and manage convenient, accessible library and information services.
• Order materials and maintain records for payment of invoices.
• Prepare reports related to library and information services. Provide effective access to library collections and resources.
• Maintain special indexing systems and files for special collections.
• Ensure an accurate inventory of resources.
• Ensure efficient retrieval by users.
• Should have proficient knowledge in the following areas: library policies, procedures, methods, ethics and professional standards library programming standards
• Must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of the Librarian.