Duties and responsibilities depends on the company and the category of license and endorsements held by the engineer; however in general
- Perform preflight inspection and post flight inspections
- Perform daily, scheduled and non routine inspections
- Authorized to release aircraft for service
- Remove and install line replaceable units (lrus)
- Test the operation of aircraft systems to locate source of malfunctions and trouble-shoot problems
- Inspect parts for wear or other defects
- Defect rectification
- Perform routine maintenance tasks such as changing of oil and cleaning of filters
- Conduct and record routine and special inspections as required by regulations
- Certify that maintenance practices meet standards
- Supervise aircraft maintenance workers
- Make entries into the technical log
- Perform systems & operational checks in accordance with aircraft maintenance manual
- Ability to use tools, equipment and machinery to perform tasks requiring precision, analyzing information and troubleshooting problems and having organized methods for work.
- High level of safety consciousness and awareness
- Ability to select, interpret and follow instructions provided in written or maintenance manual and to interpret regulations.
- Knowledge of ncaa regulations and the company’s procedure
- Ability to coordinate line maintenance activities.
Typerated aircraft maintenance engineer licence on the following helicopters: aw 139; aw 109; ec 135; as 365.
Minimum of two (2) years cognate experience on the type rated aircraft listed above